Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hello!

Ok, here I am!
I got all enthused about blogging last week when (a) I enjoyed my friend Coo's blog so much, (b) I felt like I was finally hitting the new millenium when I ordered an iphone, and (c) I finally made a decision between tweeting, fb status updating or blogging.

I tend to start a lot of things with enthusiasm so we'll wait and see whether there are more blogs to come.. Since jumping in last week it's taken me a bit to get started because (a) I was a bit intimidated by my friend Coo's blog, (b) I suddenly felt like a bit of a luddite trying to work it all out, and (c) as ever, I got distracted with other things (to start).

If I attempt to complete a proper blog with a comprehensive plot line it will never happen. Instead I will write to my one to two mum friends that actually follow blogs, and maybe use it as a way of updating the rellies on stuff the kidlets are doing. Although I apologise now to all the teachers amongst the family for my problem with grammer. Especially apostrophes. Grrrr. My mother-in-law tells me it's just a sign of the times in which I was schooled, where they were all a bit hippie about English. But I think she's just being nice.

So one of the other things I got distracted with (besides my new iphone which after 2 years of being aloof about I am admitttedly obsessed with) was this new site Storybird recommended by Maxabella Loves. I've just used the gorgeous artwork there to pen my first story since about 4th grade (which was actually a book of poems.. about how to be safe.. oh dear).

It also has no plot but the pictures are nice. It's called A Winter Holiday.

3 comments:

  1. See already I love it! Your story is so cute.

    Thanks for the bloggy love - glad to be inspirational! Toast's vocab made me feel very low-brow and like I should be picking up my game in the vocabularly stakes.

    I'm following - tell that Maz she needs to come and follow me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about starting lots of things with enthusiasm....I'm really great at starting things, not so great at finishing them. I've been blogging for about a year and I've had a few times when I just couldn't get anything on to the blog coz I had so many ideas running around but couldn't get any of them out. Plus, I often sit down to blog and, like yourself, get distracted. I'm a net junkie and one website just leads to another and another and before you know it 4 hours have gone past and I haven't written a damn thing and I have 50 browsers open!

    Welcome ot the blogoshpere, look forwrad to reading more!

    P.S I found your blog through Brenda at Mummy-TIme's Flog Yo Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what that's like, I start lots of things then run out of time. Thanks for the Storybird link, it looks great. (And I just got an iPhone too :D)

    ReplyDelete